top of page

Application Assistance


CalFresh, known federally as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP, provides monthly food benefits to individuals and families with low-income and provides economic benefits to communities. CalFresh is the largest food program in California and provides an essential hunger safety net. CalFresh is federally mandated and in California, is state-supervised and county-operated.

CalFresh benefits can help buy nutritious foods for a better diet. CalFresh benefits stretch food budgets, allowing individuals and families to afford nutritious food, including more fruit, vegetables and other healthy foods. The amount of benefits a household receives is dependent on household size countable income, and monthly expenses, such as housing and utilities. The program issues monthly benefits on an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card. Food may be purchased at any grocery store or farmers market that accepts EBT cards.


File a claim for unemployment, disability, or paid family leave benefits.


Covered California is a free service that connects Californians with brand-name health insurance under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. It’s the only place where you can get financial help when you buy health insurance from well-known companies. That means when you apply, you may qualify for a discount on a health plan through Covered California, or get health insurance through the state’s Medi-Cal program. Either way, you’ll have great health coverage.

The Arbuckle Family Action center has two certified enrollment counselors who can assist with enrolling and answer any questions. We can assist during open enrollment or if you qualify for special enrollment. Medical enrollment is all year round.

CGTCAP reduced size for web.png

HEAP Application 

The Home Energy Assistance Program provides utility assistance to eligible households in Colusa, Glenn and Trinity Counties. Utility assistance can help households in meeting their energy costs. Assistance for eligible households can only be provided one-time per year.

bottom of page